Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Attic Finds...

Our friend Mrs. J was kind enough to let us take home some of the things in her attic that she no longer wanted...
She had quite a few of these nifty metal and ceramic ashtrays. I scuffed and repainted the metal stand with some flat black.


One of Molly's finds was this turqouise and blue ceramic covered dish.

Though it didn't photograph the best, these clip on shades are pretty neat. They are made of perforated metal. I sanded and repainted them. I also bought new clips and added a new finial (is it really a finial if it is used upside down?) Anyway... Lucky us, we came home with 3 of them.

1 comment:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I wish I had a Mrs. J. She has cool stuff. I really enjoy your blog. I spent the afternoon off and on looking at the ever changing Shasta. It looks fabulous. We have a '67 ALOHA. It needs some work but it is much roomier than our 10 ft. Scamp. Thanks for the entertainment.